The Home Builders Association of Metro Denver held the 2018 Installation and Recognition Reception on Wednesday December 5th, 2018 at Palazzo Verdi in Greenwood Village. The ceremonies were emceed by HBA CEO-Elect Chérie Talbert. It was a celebratory evening as Scott Moberg, 2018 President of the HBA welcomed 2019 HBA President Heidi Majerik, Vice President and General Manager of Southern Land Company. The HBA also presented the highly coveted awards for Associate of the Year, Volunteer of the Year, and Home Builder of the Year.
To view all images, visit https://www.dropbox.com/sh/6x8w8drvcl88kvw/AAD1WXmc4FSPR-I3BG3fs-tda?dl=0
Chérie Talbert, CEO-Elect of the HBA began the night by highlighting several industry accomplishments from 2018 before turning her attention to the specific achievements of Scott Moberg, 2018 HBA President and Owner of Joyce Homes. “we can attest that Scott has been instrumental in his leadership by bringing us all together as a collective and, with that, we were able to navigate through the internal and external issues before us, which directly supported the industry, its members and the association throughout 2018,” Talbert recalled. Talbert also noted that Scott “listened first to the members of the HBA board of directors as well as the executive committee and then orchestrated their priorities into action plans through the dedication and volunteerism of our impressive HBA membership.”
Talbert continued, “Among many accomplishments, under Scott’s watch during the last three years, the HBA made a big advance in reaching out to the custom homebuilders. The HBA created a revamped council to focus on the needs of the custom home builders and remodelers with the custom builder/remodeler council.”
As the evening proceeded, a whole-hearted thank you and applause were given to the serving 2018 HBA Board Members, and subsequently the 2019 Board Members and Executive Committee were installed. With that, Heidi Majerik took the 2018 HBA presidential oath and was presented with the customary gavel and president’s pin. In her presidential remarks, Heidi spent some time recognizing the invaluable contributions of Jeff Whiton’s tenure as the HBA’s CEO. Majerik also shared some thoughts on her agenda for 2019, which includes supporting Chérie Talbert, through a smooth transition as Cherie embarks upon her new role as our next CEO of the HBA, and also focusing on ensuring that the HBA organization is properly funded for the future.
After the induction of Majerik as 2019 President, the HBA presented the 2018 Awards for Associate, Volunteer and Home Builder of the Year.
2018 Associate of the Year:
The presentation of the highly anticipated award for 2018 Associate of the Year was awarded to Randy Feuerstein, who recently retired from Polsinelli. Our 2018 Associate of the year began his HBA engagement in the late 90s, being named to the board of the Associate Member Council in 1997 and 1998. Randy eventually had to step away from the AMC board due to his appointment as legal counsel for the HBA. Randy has spent many years providing sage counsel to the Association, working with decades of past presidents and boards, navigating numerous issues and industry challenges. Randy recently retired from Polsinelli, and he and his wife look forward to spending more time on their ranch.
2018 Volunteer of the Year:
The esteemed 2018 Volunteer of the Year award was presented to Jennifer Williams, President of KGA Studio Architects. Jennifer became active in the Sales and Marketing Council. Serving as the Council Chair, her leadership was a factor in making the SMC the national award winner—multiple times. Jennifer’s leadership was also key in restructuring the Custom Builder Remodeler Council. Here Jennifer took the lead to expand the CARE Awards which was a very profitable success this year.
Jennifer now heads the HBA’s Council Board which coordinates the activities of the HBA’s seven Councils. She has also served on the Leadership Summit Committee. Currently Jennifer now sit on the HBA’s Executive Committee and Board of Directors.
2018 Home Builder of the Year:
The prestigious 2018 Builder of the Year was given to Chetter Latcham, of Shea Homes. This year’s Builder of the Year has been a prominent home builder and developer for over 16 years and has built a fabulous reputation with the associates in his company. One of the hallmarks of this person’s leadership is the company’s commitment to jobsite safety. This company has been a nationally recognized leader by OSHA and the National Association of Home Builders. It is this attention to detail and an exemplary commitment to people that are just some of the key attributes that make him worthy of the HBA’s most prestigious award.
Chester “Chetter” Latcham is President of the Colorado Division of Shea Homes, the largest privately-owned builder in the United States. In this capacity, he’s overseen the build-out of the master-planned communities of Highlands Ranch, Reunion in Commerce City, Stepping Stone in Parker and the most recently acquired Canyons (a 2,000-lot master-plan in Castle Pines), as well as other new home communities throughout the greater Denver metropolitan area. Under his tenure, Shea Homes Colorado has built over 6,500 homes and acquired 5,000 acres of land.
The 2019 Board of Directors are:
- Heidi Majerik, Southern Land Company, President
- Mark Bailey, Toll Brothers, President-Elect
- Angela Harris, Trio, Inc., Vice President – Secretary
- Jeff McGovern, William Lyon Homes, Vice President – Treasurer
- Jennifer Williams, KGA Studio Architects, Council Board Chair
- Peter Benson, Koelbel & Co, Elected Builder
- David Bracht, Oakwood Homes, Elected Builder
- Jason Brown, Ascent Builders, Custom Builder & Remodeler Council Chair
- Dave Bulloch, Century Communities, Appointed Builder
- Devin Bundy, McClure Concrete, Trade Council Chair
- Randy Carpenter, KB Home, Elected Builder
- Tim Craft, Craft Companies, Elected Builder
- Rick Dengler, Brookfield Residential, Elected Builder
- Ricarda Dietsch, Taylor Morrison, Elected Builder
- Dawn Duhamel, Possibilities for Design, Professional Women in Building Council Chair
- Philip Eidenschink, JWilliams Staffing, Associate Member Council Chair
- Aaron Foy, BLVDWAY Communities, Government Affairs Committee Chair
- Stephanie Graham, TRI Pointe Homes, Young Leaders Council Chair
- Tom Kaufman, Antonoff Companies, At Large- Associate
- Greg Krause, Metropolitan Homes, Elected Builder
- Melissa Lambrecht, Consolidated Construction Management, Appointed Builder
- Dave Lemnah, Lokal Homes, Elected Builder
- Matt Osborn, Front Range Development, Past Presidents Council Chair
- Chris Presley, Epic Homes, Elected Builder
- Diana Rael, Norris Design, At Large- Associate
- Bill Rectanus, Thrive Home Builders, Elected Builder
- Tracy Sandoval, Oakwood Homes, Parade of Homes Chair
- Hope Marie Sneed, BSB Design, Council Board representative
- Jeff Stone, Artisan Shop, North Metro Building Council Chair
- Heidi Tackett, Gateway Mortgage, Sales & Marketing Council Chair
- John Vitella, Vitella Partners, Metro Housing Coalition Chair
- Bill Wood, Home Builders Foundation Chair