Be a Part of Your Industry!
There is Strength in Numbers...Join Today!
The online application link is located at the bottom of the page.
Please read the following, and scroll down.
⇒⇒IMPORTANT - By completing the HBA Online Application,
Joining Members agree to and understand the following:
HBA Code of Ethics
Utilizing exceptional business practices as they relate to home owners, employees, trade partners and fellow members of the association, we as members of the Home Builders Association of Metro Denver ascribe to and assume the responsibility of abiding with the following code of ethics. We therefore commit to:
- Conduct business affairs with professionalism, honesty and integrity
- Participate in an ongoing process of continuing education related to state of the art building and management practices
- Uphold and engage in sound financial business practices
- Act professionally, making good faith efforts to meet contractual, moral and ethical obligations and commitments with regard to their business activities
- Stay current and in compliance with local, state and federal policies, laws, immigration regulations, building practices and other essential information that affect our business interests and those of the building industry as a whole
- Provide housing, related services and products that are in compliance with or surpass the building codes, safety regulations and environmental standards
- Maintain a comprehensive warranty process that responsibly meets the needs of consumers
- Avoid the appearance of, or actual unfair advantage over fellow members
- Abide by a covenant of fair dealing and integrity by establishing a trusting relationship with the buying public and members
- Avoid intentionally harming directly or indirectly, privately or publicly, the professional reputation, customer relations, or business of other members of this association.
We shall uphold all these principles and commitments, resolving any disputes that arise in a fair and expeditious manner. We shall be vigilant against conduct that has the intent or capability of being deceptive towards our customers or fellow members of this association from a moral or ethical standpoint.
Builder Member Assessments
While the dues for both membership categories are the same, Builder members pay an additional permit assessment, based on the value of the a permit pulled within the HBA’s service region. Here’s how that works:
- Each member's building permits are assessed on a sliding scale rate:
- For the first 300 building permits pulled per year, if the permit valuation of the home is:
|$0 - $500,000||$185.00 per permit|
|$500,001 - $1,000,000||$205.00 per permit|
|$1,000,000 and above||$335.00 per permit|
- The HBA invoices builder members for these assessments.
- Builders' permit assessments are capped at 300 homes.
- $20.00 of each unit assessment is forwarded to the Colorado Association of Home Builders for an Industry Promotional Assessment.