COVID-19 Meeting and Event Procedures
The Home Builders Association of Metro Denver is committed to the safety and health of our staff, members and guests. Returning to in-person meetings and events should be done using the COVID-19 guidance provided by the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment (CDPHE), which is being used by the City/County of Denver, Jefferson County and Tri-County Health (Adams, Arapahoe and Douglas counties) for in-person events. Downloadable PDF file available here.
The following guidance is adapted from CDPHE’s Office and Indoor Events protocols: https://covid19.colorado.gov/data/covid-19-dial-dashboard#restrictions
- As of February 16, metro-area counties are at Yellow Level.
- Please be sure to check prior to an actual event date to see if the county where the event will be held has changed to a more or less restrictive level.
- These guidelines are subject to change and will be updated if the state, metro counties or Tri-County Health modify rules regarding office and/or meeting procedures.
Conference/meeting room and event space capacity limit:
- Yellow Level:
- Indoor Seated event/meeting: 50% of stated room capacity or maximum 100 people with 6 feet of distancing between parties.
- Indoor Unseated (social) event: 50% capacity or 50 people without using calculator; up to 100 people using CDPHE’s Social Distancing Calculator
- Blue Level (Less Restrictive):
- Indoor Seated and Unseated events/meetings: 50% of stated room capacity or maximum 175 people with 6 feet of distancing between parties.
- Orange Level (More Restrictive):
- Indoor Seated event/meeting: 25% of stated room capacity or maximum 50 people with 6 feet of distancing between parties.
- Indoor Unseated (social) event: 25% capacity or 50-person capacity using CDPHE’s Social Distancing Calculator
Health and Safety protocols:
- Chairs must be placed 6 feet apart for a seated meeting
- Facial covering required that fully covers both nose and mouth
- Facial coverings can only be removed to drink or eat
- People should not attend if they are feeling sick or have been in contact with a person who is COVID positive
- Avoid shaking hands
- Attendance should be taken and maintained for 14 days for contact tracing
- Provide hand sanitizing stations at entrances and in high-traffic areas.
- Sanitize meeting area before and after, including high-touch zones
- Served food must be individually packaged
- If coffee is served, cream and sugar must be individual packets
Additional procedures for indoor events: https://covid19.colorado.gov/indoor-events